Friday, December 19, 2014

Friday Favorites

Momfessionals


It has been a while since I've posted so I'm just going to jump right in and link up with Friday Favorites! My birthday was this week so with all of the celebrations and Christmas approaching, this post may get a little lengthy.

~First Up- Early birthday lunch, shopping and dinner on Sunday with family. My cousin was in town so we met up for lunch then went to see Santa. So glad we got to spend a little time with my bff!

Cayla with her sweet family

My parents, brothers, brother's girlfriend and sister in law met up with us at the mall. We did a little shopping and headed over to dinner. It has turned into a tradition over the last several years.  

Two of my favorite blondes! This pic takes us to my next favorite!
      

~Too Faced's Melted Lipstick in Melted Ruby

I decided to take a leap and go for this pretty bold lipstick. I'm still getting used to it on me (I have it on in the picture of my and the blondes) but I love it!

~My Birthday!
Maybe this should have been first on my list. I am so thankful for the past 29 years. This past year has probably been the best yet! I received the best gift imaginable and became a MOM! What could be better than that? We had a fun experience of living somewhere new and meeting some great people that we will forever call friends. We condensed our 3 year plan of moving back to NC to a 1 year plan and got to move HOME! It has been a fabulous year and I am looking forward to the next year and all that God has in store for our family before I hit the BIG 3-0.

On my birthday, we didn't really get going until lunch time when Little L and I joined Mike for lunch. Then the girls ventured out to do a little shopping. 

 Birthday SWEETS with my SWEET girl!
   
    We did a little shopping then met Mike at home with my birthday surprises!

I finally got a sewing machine! I have been wanting one for a while. Now I just need to take it out of the box and learn how to SEW.
We put LG down for the night and Mike and I enjoyed a steak dinner- Perfection! Mike made me feel so special and I am so thankful for him.

~Christmas Lights
I have always heard about Meadow Lights but in the 5 years (minus the year in TX) we lived about 20 minutes away, we have never been. We decided it would be a great opportunity to get Little L out to see the lights since she can see much from her car seat if we just ride around in the car. At Meadow they have a little train you ride through the lights and it was perfect for Lilly Grace. She loved it and even rode a carousel for the first time.

~The Donkey in the Living Room


 My mom found this book and nativity scene for us and it is a great way to teach your children about the birth of Jesus Christ-the true meaning of Christmas. It can be used as an alternative to the Elf on the Shelf or can be used in addition. Basically you wrap 1 figure from the nativity scene each day and put it in the same place for your child to find every morning- we put ours under the Christmas tree. You start on December 16 and your child will unwrap the final figure on Christmas morning. Your child will find the wrapped figure and you will read the corresponding page in the book that tells about Jesus' birth from that person or animal's perspective. Eventually you won't need to read the book and your child will be able to tell the story themselves!

~My Parents
These two are going to watch LG tonight as we head out for Mike's work Christmas party. I am so looking forward to going out and having some adult time. However, I will be missing my little L but I know she will be in great hands. Thanks Mom and Dad!



I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and I can't wait till next week's Friday Favorites. I know there is going to be a lot of favorites coming up in the next week starting off with the celebration of Jesus' birthday!

Bonus: some of my favorite Christmas decorations in Lilly Grace's room

Random Christmas tree- of course it's pink and green!
Baby's First Stocking
Christmas sheets I had made for LG's room since I couldn't find any that matched her room.




No comments:

Post a Comment