Tuesday, August 5, 2014

NC girl goes to TX!

In December of 2012, after much thought and prayer, we decided that Mike should take a job in Plano, TX and we moved halfway across the country. Well, Mike moved halfway across the country. 
 Mike packed up our house and took everything to TX.

I stayed back in NC to finish up the school year teaching my 5th graders social studies and language arts. I know what you are thinking- such a dedicated teacher. Well that's just kind of how it worked out. It wasn't necessarily my ideal situation. The next 6 months definitely had its challenges to say the least, but it was also a time of personal growth. I learned so much during this season and absence really does make the heart grow fonder! The Lord was also teaching me the importance of being patient and waiting on His timing. Looking back, I couldn't have planned it better myself if I would have tried. Anyway, after staying in our house until we rented it out, then moving in with my in-laws, the school year was finally over and it was summertime- time to move to Texas! I moved at the beginning of July and had plans to start teaching in August. I had just found out I was pregnant and that just made everything that much more exciting... and scary. 
Fast forward a year and I have a happy healthy 6 month old little girl, Lilly Grace- the other L. 

Lilly Grace after church this past Sunday- sorry it's a little blurry.
So much has happened in the last year and I will touch on those topics later, but my next post will be all about Lilly Grace and what she has going on in her world right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment